The FLIR T840 infrared (IR) camera is designed to help electric utility and other thermography professionals comfortably survey equipment both indoors or outdoors and seek out signs of failure all day long. Thanks to an integrated eyepiece viewfinder and a bright 4-inch color LCD display, the T840 makes it easy to conduct inspections outside in bright, challenging lighting conditions. The 180° rotating lens platform and thoughtful ergonomic design allow the T840 to help users diagnose hard-to-reach components in a variety of environments. With advanced on-camera measurement tools such as 1-Touch Level/Span and laser-assisted autofocus, you’ll record accurate temperature measurements every time. Avoid costly power outages and plant shutdowns through regular predictive maintenance routines with this flexible and innovative IR camera.
A 6° telephoto lens option is available to ensure accurate temperature measurement of small targets from farther distances.
Avoid Costly Outages
- Safely and comfortably assess equipment and prevent component failure from any vantage point, in any lighting condition.
- Scan outdoor equipment from a safe distance using the integrated eyepiece viewfinder.
- Reduce the strain of full-day inspections with the 180° rotating optical block
- Share lenses across your fleet of cameras thanks to AutoCal™ optics
- Ensure crisp thermal imagery and spot-on temperature readings every time with laser assisted autofocus
Quickly Make Critical Decisions
Advanced imaging technology and superior sensitivity help you make the right call – fast
- Get industry-leading image clarity from FLIR Vision Processing™, MSX®, UltraMax®, and proprietary adaptive filtering
- Determine accessibility of components for repair at the touch of a button by activating on-screen laser distance measurement
- See problems and make decisions easily thanks to a scratch-resistant, 4-inch LCD display that’s 33% brighter and 4x the resolution of comparable cameras
Make Your Work Easier
Get the most out of your workday with rapid reporting features that help you organize findings in the field.
- Quickly access menus, folders, and settings using intuitive controls, including rapid response touchscreen
- Allow customers to observe critical findings in real time through Wi-Fi streaming to the FLIR Tools® app
- Prepare precise documentation with embedded GPS locations, as well as measurement data from METERLiNK®-enabled FLIR clamps and multimeters