Three uses for a PicoScope 9400 5 GHz oscilloscope
The PicoScope 9400 sampler extended real-time oscilloscope (SXRTO) is a versatile instrument. Three tasks that you can carry out with it include:
1. Impluse characterization
2. Data eyes, masks, margins and measurements
3. Amplitude and pulse modulation envelopes
Delve deeper into the capabilities of the PicoScope 9404 by watching the video below to see these tasks in action.
The PicoScope 9404-05 is the first of a new class of oscilloscopes that combine the benefits of real-time sampling, equivalent-time sampling and high analog bandwidth.
- 5 GHz bandwidth, 70 ps transition time
- 1 TS/s (1 ps) equivalent-time sampling
- Four 12-bit 500 MS/s ADCs
- Pulse, eye and mask testing to 70 ps and 3 Gb/s
- Logical, configurable, touch-compatible Windows user interface
- Comprehensive built-in measurements, zooms, data masks and histograms
The PicoScope 9404-05 has four 5 GHz input channels with market-leading ADC, timing and display resolutions for accurately measuring and visualizing high-speed analog and data signals. It is ideal for capturing pulse and step transitions to 70 ps, impulses down to 140 ps and clocks and data eyes to 3 Gb/s. Most high-bandwidth applications involve repetitive signals or clock-related data streams that can be readily analyzed by equivalent-time sampling (ETS). The SXRTO quickly builds ETS, persistence displays and statistics. It has a built-in full-bandwidth trigger on every channel, with pretrigger ETS capture to well above the Nyquist sampling rate. There are three acquisition modes—real time, ETS and roll—all capturing at 12-bit resolution into a shared memory of 250 kS.
- Telecom and radar test, service and manufacturing
- Optical fiber, transceiver and laser testing (optical to electrical conversion not included)
- RF, microwave and gigabit digital system measurements
- Signal, eye, pulse and impulse characterization
- Precision timing and phase analysis
- Digital system design and characterization
- Eye diagram, mask and limits test to 3 Gb/s
- Ethernet, HDMI 1, PCI, SATA, USB 2.0
- Semiconductor characterization
- Signal, data and pulse/impulse integrity and pre-compliance testing